Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sundered


I expected more from you
You were my shining star
The one with no points
Just unconditional light traveling far

Could I have been the Supermassive black hole
Who transformed your radiance to nothing more
Than an unsolved crime
Of gravitation crushing divine

In the cosmic arena
A fight for pull and beauty partakes
With math and numbers holding order and place
Thought and wonder forming shape

So here I stand dreaming of death
With chaos on shore to share sunder
This is thunder

A blinding flash can only dull sight
You must will the rest to take flight

You know I shoot straight through a pinhole
Listen not with your eyes
Tend to your soul
Don't go under.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment