Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Boys and Girls

Place your heart
It turns to bits
You broke it down for me real slow
A whisper told me no to think
Just trust
Go along with what you know
Still all these feelings I resist
Remind me you fought for me nonchalantly
With your smile and your glow
So I’m not saying it’s your fault
Earthquakes pass
Structures regrow
Nurse the illness in your head
Let it sink into you souls deep flow
We were once one
So I’ll handle this separation anxiety like a pro
I’ll be the beacon on the lighthouse
Guiding you back if you will go
The issue at hand is if it will go away
I’m speaking of the feeling we thought would stay
At least as friends I won’t wonder if you’ll stray
Since I can’t shun and throw you away
I’ll remind you one more time what we said that day
I see you as my love’s protégé
You’re just a girl in the World
I’m just a boy that was caught in your whirl.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment