Sunday, August 1, 2010

Connected Form

Words below on my dark pen interesting sights
A compilation of half truths entertained through youth
A modest journey through space through time I pray the soul unwinds
Can my soul equilibrate the ungodly touch of spine
An impulse creeps to a higher stem decoding life from within
As the human race cries for sin I watch and pray their journeys end
My thoughts my body seems so cold remorse laid upon threshold
It's not that I don't feel sorry regrets equate to folly
And so it seems I direct and aim these words straight to you
Depth within my body attacks my soul which made it through
What to do what to do in civil wars tearing two
Brothers killed in millions families sundered cultures spewed
Crimson on green feeding dreams lost while waiting a new
And of these crimes shine seven straight lines my breath gone
But yours draws back a connection formed in you
An arrow launched to reach it's mark yet frozen in ethers' glue.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment