Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Cage

The cage that I stay in
Is not made of bars
It keeps happiness in
It keeps cold sadness far
The cage that I stay in
Is a segment of truth
Tucked deep far away
Like a fountain of youth
My cage that I wander
Is full of delight
Distorts every vision I see
And makes it sunlight
My cage that I live in
Is not very far
It's three chemicals away
Two steps in
One too far
And it seems to me
Humble and safe
Is the only way each
Learn to travel through space
And the key to my cage
Would only bring harm
An excess of love, wit
Some splendor Some charm
The opposite effect
Would change the word blue
My cage is close far and new
It captures my hue
Versions of me
Which make one way seem two.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment