Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Clara


Laying like hazardous waste on the floor
Decaying half life carbon dating restored
Amplify magic to see what’s in store
Beneath my bare feet wine cellars galore
Rusted screw in my brain removing knowledge
You give me a thought hidden in homage
You are the one secret I never had sold
The gift stuck with me till Heaven’s untold
I approved the Dna signature matching your own
As I watched you balance two feet on dark stone
Only us three stole away from that night
I the lucky gentlemen we both held your flight
Even so careless for days we had lasted
Fury and passion ignited and fastened
I balanced a football between shards of glass
You witnessed from sidelines praying with gasps
I think that’s when I knew you’d be my downfall
It took years for you to even answer my call
Still we do talk behind blurred lines
Your school was art
My school was mind
And darling before any
Know it was you
Who destroyed my element ego
Yet fixed me anew
They’ll never know a name
Only your goddess design
A drink mixed with fantasy
So refreshing so kind.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment