Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Revel

I miss you the most
When I can hardly breath
Inhaling a bit to suffocate need
I hear you in voices that tend to trail
Like the copper leaves of autumn filling the air
As everything turns to golden and brown
I miss you with the cool wind placed on my brow
Inhaling the slow cooling breath of summers seer'
I miss you like branches shedding their cares
Caring for you is a thoughtless sweet crime
Locking me up between cold and warm shine
Crunching my hard feet patter on ground
Lifting my eyes your thoughts lifting my frown
Caressing both need and the mind
Pushing me forward through hardship through time
Placing me precariously presenting me too
Shooting ideas off and inspiring you
Looking around I see your small flights
Understanding much not daring the fight
The heat of the Sun has made things quite right
The Seraphs continue to revel in light.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment