Friday, July 30, 2010

With the Sun

I woke with the sun this morning
The pains of knowing it rose while I chose to slumber
Did stir me from my sleep
I sat up vexed from my dreams
Astronauts striking golf balls on the moon
Would it ever stop, no it would continue
To the kitchen I did go although
Within a bowl I poured zero's
Capped with a green plastic lid
The words converting my thoughts hid below
To my surprise I ventured outside
Up with him so early
I should at least pay my respects
Due to the nature
I laid down my bowl
I gazed to the sunlight
So gracious, so humble
Climbing his way towards me
As if to say, Yes I am still here; working
I smiled and picked up my sustenance
A reply came through
Yeah, me too.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment