Friday, July 30, 2010

Beloved

Beloved,
I come to you with open embrace
Of hoping to catch a glimpse
Of the words that you taste
To hark full heartedly upon your loving embrace
And touch you softly
With the ravens twilight upon my mantle place
Evermore, evermore, by thine eye
I managed not to see thee
Evermore

And as I lay here next to rose filled glamor
I test my words true
With hope I'm not making a clamor
But still sweet child I ask what's the matter
For you only you do I write in this manner
Abode in a manor, like a prince in a cage
Told by the serpent that I'd best behave
Downtrodden betroth misbehaved and miss told
Oh the weary flesh keeps warmth but soul cold

Test I
Test fate
Yes we'll call it a date
Who ever loses come back
To the drawing board within
With sin
Toss the bin
We've been here before
Dashed hope through the window
Spilled life on the floor
These texts
I pray bring you back to my door
Forevermore,
Entrusted to a heart that is sore.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment