Friday, July 30, 2010

Quicksilver

In truth
There is said to be light
That of which no darkness can bear
So is it so savage to listen
Really close now
To how simple it all could be
If you allow the snare tactics
To scare you into your own being

I assume it sometimes can be
Oh just all too much
As doctors race beds to and from rooms
Light beams here
Dark capsules there

Sometimes the true joy competes
With the living undead
Shadows beneath eyes which haven't fed
The days wondering why did I choose Immortality
Was I that afraid of God
That afraid of Ego death

Instill calm in these veins
Reassuring perfect health
The kind a third World from the Sun would envy

If I've lost you now
Here is my hand
Grab hold of your birthing process
Even the pain of labor too
Has it's own anesthetic of amnesia

Lets wager how long more we may enjoy sunlit days
Before as God we say to hell with it all
Or simply accept the Universal fact
We two are immortal
Yes both you and me
The salt the sulfur and mercury.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment