Friday, July 30, 2010

Twin Sized Bed

Our souls' defeat rested in this bed
These thoughts so loud that they could wake the dead
Wonder appears is this something new
A simple trial a simple verdict too
When I sleep I wonder if you feel this too
That part of me you claimed was part of you
If the queen creates court with too much room
The king must defend with castles too
Freedom is battle, an odyssey
Reclaim what's yours and set the captives free
Maybe not with faith but with luck you'll see
Time's not so bad if you tempt yourself to be
The part of you, you were before you met me
Although we're twins in soul thought energy
It's the pain that you could do that will effect me
Time ticks down into the early morn
Hell's fury would not match your scorn
Yea I know you would not intentionally set fire to me
Intentions are null and void when emotions scorch synergy
On trial you won't have to worry
The World will satisfy
Right now these facts seem blurry
In two sides snow can fall in flurries
While the heat can warm the Hearthstone inside.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment