Friday, July 30, 2010

She's So Heavy

Twisting nether floor
Spinning beneath the aqueous flow
In and out Emotions stirred about
Can I hang to this trip
Shall I slow loose my grip
It’s just so heavy
The burden of it all
Can one man really take things this far
Indeed this is the show
It too must go on and the crowd plays their sounds
This solitude driving me mad
We all know in truth I am glad for this silence
Only one can admit drifting down
Changing shift transmitting the truth to myself
The truth with the shelf life of an Atom
Splice this one and it will explode
To pieces of the universe
To pieces of your soul
Indebted to the one
The only thing still pulling
Weight

I waited for you
Yeah you
In this dark cold rain
The cloud my only blanket of support
The thunder and lightning
The only brightness and crescendo I heard
I used the canopy of the trees to escape
They used my carbon dioxide in exchange
These drops they reminded me of why I like snow
At least the cold lets you know it’s cold
At least the small know in accumulation
All things add up and become tall
With this downpour the only good news comes with
Hey at least you don’t have pneumonia as yet
I waited for you
I knew the rain well
Each drop my friend.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment