Friday, July 30, 2010

Covered Eyes

How can I look at your eyes
Knowing you wear your disguise
This palace was compromise
Instead it shook with surprise
This has happened before
We were split from the core
Two halves wanting more
Both diffused finding doors
Sacrifice one and double the score
Triple the madness to feel what's in store
In the fore mentioned breath calm was restored
Then a five sided die was cast to the floor
Cover the covenant and dash the books in the ashes
Sulfur will fill the eyes with the flare of the matches
And what will lead me back to you
Is only a particle I swear I once knew
Circling a point upon a curved moon
Unravel the dream and undo the sleep too
And when we awake the colors will seem new
Allowing ascent to a place experience deemed true.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment