Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lovely

For me she's lovely
The opposite of all that I could be
For me she's the only
Source of trust that matches me
When I look for compromise
I only look within her eyes
I tell her I love thee
In turn she stays strong and trusts in me
At first it was just me
I thought all alone against the World
Then soon I struggled
I pictured her near
Envisioned my perfect girl
But it was she, from energy
That was with me from the start
So when I don't know me
I ask her opinion because she's my spark
Love is a bounty
I nearly took off without a look
A fool in the desert
Creating mirages with second looks
What fun are all the games although
When you don't see your half opposed
Keeping you lovely
Keeping him calm
With such repose.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment