Friday, July 30, 2010

Fell in Love with the World

Fell in love with a girl
Heart beat twice
Skipped once
Still breathing
Yeah she's in love with the World
Took one fine look
And I saw completion
Lingered once complete she strikes
Her smile and style just so so deepening
Inside the Châteaux of life
We stood by the fire
It drew us in so secretly
Might I tell you this twirl
Of rose colored eyes
And petal covered floors
Springing forth with life
A measure of love garnished In life's light
A sign lit up and exposed our decency
And as I turned to the World
My bones carried over a transmuted plea for me
My eyes were blinded by the suns' plight
Bright line of light
The sun was setting
Onto the clouds so sweetly
Fell in love with this World
Spinning us both around
By the heels discreetly
Now your in love with the Whirl
Tilting on edge let the crash
Clamor conveniently
Complete me.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment