Friday, July 30, 2010

High and Dry

Don’t leave me dry Lord knows I tried
We were so high but failed to fly
Have no fear my dear we won’t fall
The Spiral motion reinforces walls
Emotions twist ‘round the passion of the storm
Gaze through the tempest and reach for the warm
The signs were all in place and you closed off your gates
The flood waters ensued but on mountains they can’t reach you
So let’s climb high, I’ll keep you dry
You think you’ve got the World all covered
Step back and see what you discover
The view may take your breath away
I’ll resuscitate you my own way
But watch your step upon the ledge 
Don’t cut yourself with the razor’s edge
I’ve got your back and if you fall
A tumble will hurt but won’t last at all
I’ve taught you how so stand up tall
Brush off your shoulders and stare from afar
Aim for the moon- miss- land on a star.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment