Friday, July 30, 2010

Hell's Depths

Beelzebub came to me and said
Away with me now come Christ
Your soul is dead
I shackled myself
I knew it was time
To traverse Hell’s Depths
To let my light shine
We walked through the valleys
The death smelled of morgue
The despair was plenty
The heat was much more
Then led to a brick
He chained me and said
Well here is your companion
She too is dead
With an echoing laugh
Which resounded the halls
That shook all the Earth
Singed all the walls
I cried out for hope
Still no one would hear
As the flames grew so hot
It soon seared my hair
I cried and I wept
How could God let this be
Then she whispered to me
At least you’ve got me.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment