Friday, July 30, 2010

Through the Fire

I wonder where you've been today
I wonder where you've gone
The look of sadness in your eye
reminds me of my wrongs
and as we lay there face to face
Our lives were torn and split from grace
Yet still we held on in each embrace
Trying to seize this moments place
As we twirled through listless space
We grasped to taste each others taste
Knowing full well what could have been
Although we may never meet again
My mind does ponder where your soul has been
These injustices run my senses thin
Un relinquished control allows me in
As I step back through the moment transpires
Lit by the moment of your passions red fire
A lesson in love we both had desired
As we twisted and turned and swam through the fire.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment