Friday, July 30, 2010

Solitude

So tonight I'll lay here in sweet soft bliss
The kind I hope you still not miss
Although the day was hard it's true
You still got through it, yeah just you
You think you need that someone new
Instead just see the lovely you
When you cry tears I cry them too
Maybe I'll keep that between me and you
I will not call I will not text this solitude is what fits you best
I will empower you to be strong
Make you face that you were not wrong
If you were so let it be
Forgiveness is the greatest key
Still I think you think too harsh
Upon the future, Upon the marks
I will draw your composure
I will write you a lesson
Let the pain take over
Let it become your blessing
It lasts only moments
Then the soul will resume
Take over the hurt and sew you anew
But if you continue to chase the disease
Or run from the pain that most do with ease
Full circle it will come
Or hide deep below
Waiting to get you
When your guard is most low
Take this from me I hope these words help
They come from a spirit who's been through hell's depths
Sometimes I think the soul likes to see
How far it can take you
Until the body agrees
That only God matters
The rest is just ease
All else will be taken
Until it's shown it's just he
And the solitude was just fitting
Justifying your needs.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment