Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rebellion

I opened the door to your heart
There was no key
There was no lock
There was a signature on the frame
By touch it filled me with shock
What did I find
Only you could describe
I can tell you visions
I can tell you lies
I can tell you things you would not believe
It would make no difference
By the wind of the trees
Like a loose leaf
The last on the ground
The orange song gone
White death to be found
Frigid and cold
Permafrost roads
Blazing the trails
Remnants long sold
The deepest blue seas
Impart you with me
Your river bends this way
Mine parts carelessly
Whispering songs
Only heard when asleep
The darkest of nights
Lured away like a sheep
As I tilt my head
Shaking what's right
Only then can I fathom
The rebellion from light.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment