Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Florence

In mid air the vase falls
To the ground, and the honest
Means unlocks all, it is you
Who have unhinged my soul
And took it to a place worth so much
More openings are found, and the maybe
Perhaps becomes, a sudden yes, of course
Let this coarse run like the brooks along the side
Of rivers which race wild with your rush of love
I drink slowly and realize more, there is a constant
Score replaying and the smile and heart of a fool
Yes, I am here with you, the astrology of the sky
Consorted and pulled two signs to each other
Both illuminating and flourishing like the art of Florence.
The vase strikes the ground, and I laugh with my whole heart.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

1 comment:

  1. The beautiful moment encased in your verses ... engraved in my heart for all eternity ♥

    ReplyDelete