Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Inspiration in the Desert

Inspiration knocked and I calmly answered
Overjoyed with a friend I haven’t seen
So long the days did pass that just went
Nearly did I forget even how to miss, the silence
This type, never to be wished upon any, but one knew
So like the last drop in the desert I pursued
Dizzy and worn, but with faith there is responsibility
Thus my responsibility was great, I would fall back
I claimed and with trust be caught, knowing the strength
Of the one thing I claimed I also was, how I could not fathom
Like a phantom love snuck, but with no ill intent, just warmth
The winters brought to me what the summers could not
And I found how the desert could long for the rain.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

1 comment:

  1. ...like the desert miss the rain ..and when the rain comes there's never been more beauty seen in the world ♥

    ReplyDelete