Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wandering Spirit

I was not brave when I peered over the edge
There was a dizzying sensation swirling around
In my head I witnessed a vertical decline 
As I was taken aback from the hairs upon cedar sound and twine

In my mind I saw completeness and peace
Mirrored by the opposite unequivocal grief
One of being and one of essence there tended by the trail of proof
Learning to fly alongside gravitation's uncountable use

To remain in between would ensure cradled dream 
Possessed by all
Utilized by few

A dare to the self quietness of mind
Threaded slow and constant alongside secrets tied to a line
The reflections among enjoying carnivorous walls
The cave made of stone and hieroglyph calls

A pause to contemplate the shadow's stature, mocking salute 
Intertwining softly a violent wind in pursuit
Tossing the albatross you thought you slew
Commandeering your vessel

Inspired fire consumed
The letters the box all ablaze too
These are the memories in time

In your eyes
No opinions
Just silent clues

Opened in air carbon diluted by oxygen bruised
Like the brambles of the ego you thought you knew

Casted from the tower
Your maiden voyage resumed
Though blind with the senses
A wandering spirit sees new.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment