Saturday, October 2, 2010

An Ideal

Is it possible to hear a square
As it is to see a circle clear
Uniting three points upon the plane

The factual one being yes I am
The second to fathom your presence too
And third an armchair decision
Where do we go from here

I was handed a baton when the gun fired
So I did what I do best
I sat
I thought

Until you appeared willing and eager to continue
For the race is hardly for the swift
The strong usually do have their way
And sometimes knowing is better than to say

Whatever may play 
Have it's unyielding sway
And take you back and forth

It is not till 
Standing quite still
That the pivotal point in the room
Becomes you

The idle one who has made it
This far and through dark pierced walls
Strange it does seem
To see the real point
Float softly in view.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment