Saturday, October 2, 2010

In Theory

The selfish nature in all things
Is limited understanding of what each spirit brings
A selling point for atoms
Ego still stored
In uncountable spaces
Used abused extolled
Potentiality is a fatal disease 
That will start sweet and small 
And end upon knees
How deep is your love
If you can keep thoughts whole
As time rages past you
Poking slight holes
Mocking your memories
And the moments you shared
Claiming it's victory of the souls commandeered 
We have a secret
Against it we will win
When time issued forth
Is cold as dead skin
It is within the heart
We shall melt
To hide away from envious
Matter and theft
These inaccurate records
Might not settle disputes 
But I swear I recognize that signature
Somewhere from my youth
In truth time can be it's objectified mad
I still have you and you me
Somewhere in theory were glad.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment