Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love Paid

How do you sleep at night,
Knowing the lies that you spun
Still trap you and others around,
A pair of scissors perhaps to cut the web.

I hope no running and holding them wrong,
Yes, I know you much better than that too.

I’ll tell you how I sleep,
Very carefully and full of deceit
With lies I have told myself that come true each day
Yet with honesty to try and face them each way.

Dismantle this ticking time bomb of emotional resurgence
Which you left, we left, in that room, aborted.

I know that you know that we both know one thing
Neither wants to see each other hurt,
So please make haste in cleaning your dirt,
The one from your lungs which decay worse than mold
The one from your embrace that makes me holding you cold.

I understand the situation; I don’t really think friends
Would suffice to say how this thing could end,
But in the end, it was the love we made
It equaled the love we paid.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

1 comment: