Wednesday, September 29, 2010

88

When in doubt
I crunch numbers
When emotions are pulling veils over my eyes
Only digits seem to add up to clear the mind

I wonder does God do the same
When the World is searching for him in a particle
And the spiritualists are looking for her under rocks
I crunch numbers

I too like Einstein deep down know it will never add up
At least not in this lifetime with these boundaries
Chemical precursors limiting the speed of light transmission
Can only be appointed with a vivid imagination of fluid dynamics
And when this doesn't seem right
I crunch digits into pathways on trees older than civilizations

We are all looking for morsels of hope grains of truth
I think we all thread through the desert sand if only in youth
A sand box where the bully simply wanted to be loved
So you offered your toys willingly not willing the fight
In hope that the universe did all equal out to an infinite figure 8
Astounding yourself with such thoughts at the tender age of 8.

Copyright, 2010, Christopher Baird--all rights reserved.
Contact me for reprint/posting permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment